Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Hewitt Video: Nov. 17th

 Three stops from Hewitt video:

  1. I liked the use of an auditory que in the activity of banging the ruler against the wall each time he counted up or down. I think this increases the attention of the class on the activity and makes more of an impact on the minds of the children than just saying the words out loud.
  2. Another aspect I liked was that it was a full class activity. I think this is a good way to create a cohesive feeling group where everyone can participate. It was a fairly low barrier to entry task which means that the whole class should have been able to get most of the beats on the wall. This method builds group confidence, which is good for preparing the students for the next activity.
  3. Finally, I liked Hewitt's use of difficulty ramping, which is something we have been learning about in our educational psychology courses. He thoroughly explained the group task before preceding to the section of the activity where the problem got harder and harder gradually. The last problem the class was presented with was really challenging for the students to get right away, but I think it showed the students how important the ordered number system is and why it's useful for communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blogpost Reflection EDCP 342

This class was a really interesting dive into the curricular aspects of BC education while also covering lots of interesting activities and ...