Friday, December 17, 2021

Final Blogpost Reflection EDCP 342

This class was a really interesting dive into the curricular aspects of BC education while also covering lots of interesting activities and topics that might not necessarily be covered in the curriculum (but could be!). One of my favourite aspects of the course was the curricular microteaching projects we did because it provided hands-on teaching time and activities and peer feedback for our teaching styles and the materials we had to prepare. I feel like this prepared me for my short practicum and helped me to gauge where I needed to improve and focus my efforts when I was preparing materials for my short practicum. Furthermore, I really liked the problems we covered over the duration of the course like the locker problem and the markets scales problem. These problems really demonstrated to me how "extended" problems or "low floor high ceiling" problems can be really useful for implementing analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving skills into the curriculum while engaging students and creating in-depth discussions surrounding mathematical ideas. Some suggestions for improving this course would be that I think this course could be improved by using canvas and I think it would be beneficial to do more micro-teaching or unit planning, perhaps instead of the first assignment, or perhaps more class time could be devoted to learning about these aspects of the course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blogpost Reflection EDCP 342

This class was a really interesting dive into the curricular aspects of BC education while also covering lots of interesting activities and ...